New York City Larceny and Fraud Lawyer
Criminal Defense Attorney in New York City
Mr. Bederow has represented many clients accused of theft-related crimes,
ranging from shoplifting and credit card fraud to financial crimes. A
few examples of financial crimes include extensive identity theft schemes,
sophisticated federal bank fraud and mortgage fraud charges, Social Security
fraud, and public benefits fraud.
If you are under investigation or have been arrested for any theft-related
crime, it is important to consult with an experienced
New York City criminal defense lawyer who understands the potential collateral consequences that can result
from your case. All theft-related crimes are considered crimes of dishonesty,
and they can therefore have ramifications well beyond jail. For example,
licensed professionals—including doctors, lawyers, traders, and
others—may face disciplinary and licensing problems because of arrests
and convictions for crimes of dishonesty (even misdemeanors), which must
Mr. Bederow's Successful Representations
Mr. Bederow has represented many individuals in larceny and fraud cases,
from students to healthcare professionals.
Here are some examples of past case results Mr. Bederow has achieved for
clients accused of larceny or fraud:
- High dismissal rate on first-arrest shoplifting charges and other petit
- He represented an individual in connection with a lengthy criminal investigation
of MTA contractor fraud. He negotiated a non-prosecution agreement for
- Mr. Bederow represented a financial analyst accused of credit card fraud
and grand larceny. Despite the prosecution's claim that the client
was observed on video using a stolen credit card, all charges were dismissed
- He represented an employee at a large investment bank investigated for
theft of proprietary information. The client avoided all criminal charges
and civil penalties.
- He defended a student charged with grand larceny for allegedly stealing
dozens of long car-service rides. All charges were dismissed and sealed.
- He represented a student charged in two separate indictments with numerous
counts of credit card fraud and grand larceny. The client was observed
on video and was apprehended with stolen property. All of the charges
were dismissed and sealed.
- He served as counsel for a bookkeeper investigated for stealing more than
$100,000 from her client. Despite a full confession (made before Mr. Bederow
was retained), the client avoided prosecution in the court of law.
- Mr. Bederow represented a television professional investigated for $100,000
insurance fraud. The client successfully avoided prosecution.
- He handled the case of a contractor in a lengthy Port Authority Fair Labor
and Prevailing Wage criminal investigation. The client avoided prosecution
and civil penalties.
- He provided representation for a husband and wife accused of Social Security
fraud. The couple was accused of cashing checks of a deceased relative
for years. He negotiated a civil resolution with the U.S. Attorney, which
allowed the clients to avoid federal prosecution.
- He defended an individual accused of sophisticated public benefits fraud.
He negotiated a civil resolution, and the client avoided prosecution.
- He represented a client who never appeared for sentencing in a grand larceny
case and faced years in state prison. He advised the client to "self-report."
After explaining mitigating factors, Mr. Bederow convinced the Manhattan
District Attorney to dismiss the indictment in the interest of justice.
- He represented a client charged with grand larceny for allegedly stealing
money in connection with a complex apartment rental scheme. He successfully
negotiated a non-criminal resolution for his client.
- He represented a real estate agent in a high-profile short sale federal
mortgage fraud indictment. The client received a sentence well beneath
both the federal sentencing guidelines and the government's sentencing
- He handled the case of a client in a multi-million dollar federal mortgage
fraud indictment. The client received a non-jail sentence, despite federal
sentencing guidelines calling for a sentence of more than 30 months of
- He provided representation for a chiropractor in a complex, multi-defendant
million dollar healthcare fraud indictment. He successfully negotiated
an outcome where the client was the only medical professional who avoided
- He served as counsel for a client indicted for several counts of grand
larceny and possession of stolen property. His client was arrested in
possession of stolen credit cards and checks. Mr. Bederow was retained
after the client was indicted for several felonies, but successfully negotiated
a misdemeanor sentence, which allowed the client to avoid jail time.
To learn more about your criminal defense options in a larceny or fraud case,
call Mr. Bederow
today and ask for a case evaluation.